Thursday, April 30, 2015

Crawlers & Toddlers- Rain

My Crawlers group continues to be a delight to spend time with. They are inquisitive and eager to participate. The Toddlers on the other hand are ready for spring to truly arrive, and have a chance to run outside.  Story Hour on the Road is coming to all our parks this summer.  I choose rain for my theme this week, just because, and it actually worked out really nice. 

We read
Rain by Manya Stojic* Beautiful book
Raindrop, Plop! by Wendy Lewison* lots of counting, easy rhymes
Rain Dance by Kathi Appelt
Rain By Robert Kalan* only with the crawlers

1039446175141014519731750199  
Here is the rest of the plan



Opening Song- Everybody say…
Wiggles
Nursery Rhyme: Chook, Chook, Chook

Rain on the Green Grass
Rain on the green grass,
Rain on the tree,
Rain on the housetop,
But not upon me!

The Eensy Weensy Spider
The eensy weensy spider
Went up the water spout
Down came the rain
And washed the spider out
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain
So the eensy weensy spider
went up the spout again.

It’s Raining, It’s Pouring
It’s raining, it’s pouring,
The old man is snoring.
He went to bed,
And he bumped his head,
And he couldn’t get up in the morning!

Counting Raindrops
Raindrop one and raindrop two,
You see me and I see you!
Raindrop three and raindrop four,
Are you knocking at my door?
Raindrop five and raindrop six,
Are you playing lots of tricks?
Raindrop seven and raindrop eight,
Falling on my garden gate.
Raindrop nine and raindrop ten,
Now it’s time to begin again!

Five Little Umbrellas
Five little umbrellas were waiting by the door.
Dad took the red one and then there were four.
Four little umbrellas by the hall tree.
Mom took the purple one and then there were three.
Three little umbrellas, one of them is blue.
My brother took that one and then there were two.
Two little umbrellas, our rhyme is almost done.
My sister took the yellow one, now there’s just one.
One little umbrella, a lonely orange one.
I took that umbrella and now there are none.

Bubble Time
Goodbye song-  We Wave Goodbye Like This