Thursday, April 9, 2015

Crawlers & Totally Tots- Spring



We are back with Spring Story Time! The first week is always a week of transitions and new routines for some of my kids, and even myself.  My two groups this week were adorable and had so much fun with the flannel flowers & little creatures on one of our books. My theme this week was Spring, specially after this long winter, we are ready for flowers and sunny days. 

These are the books we read

782324199354440580

    Bumblebee, Bumblebee do you know me? By Anne Rockwell. I made flannel pieces for each animal in the book and     had the kids help me put them on the flannel board.
    What Does Bunny See? By Linda Sue Park. This is a great title for interaction, we searched for the bunny throughout the pages and all the little creatures that come out during spring (bees, spiders, caterpillars, and butterflies)
    Hurray for Spring by Patricia Hubbell * we ran out of time.            

Opening Song-
Everybody say one, story time has just began
Everybody say two, shake your shoulders show your shoes
Everybody say three, listen very carefully
Everybody say four, and put your bottoms on the floor

Wiggles
A wiggle, wiggle here
A wiggle, wiggle there.
Wiggle your hands up in the air
Wiggle our shoulders and wiggle your hips,
Wiggle your knees and move your lips,
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle
And wiggle and bend
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle,
And this is the end!

Nursery Rhyme: Mistress Mary

My Garden * My little Crawlers weren't ready for this rhyme but the Toddlers had fun planting their gardens.
This is my garden
I’ll rake it with care
And then some flower seeds
I’ll plant in right there.
The sun will shine
And the rain will fall
And my garden will blossom
And grow straight and tall.

Four Little Flowers with flannel flowers * We had more than four flowers to count down as each child got their own flower or two.
Four little flowers I did see.
I picked one, then there were three.
Three little flowers, pretty and new.
I picked another, then there were two.
Two little flowers out in the sun.
I picked one more, then there was one.
One little flower left in the sun.
I picked it too, then there were none.

Little Plants
Out in the garden early in the morning
See the little plants bending to and fro.
See the gentle breeze help them lift their arms,
Swish-swish, swish-swish, wave hello!
 
Ten Little Flowers
One little, two little, three little flowers
Four little, five little, six little flowers
Seven little, eight little, nine little flowers
Ten little flowers in the spring
Give them rain and lots of sunshine
Give them rain and lots of sunshine
Give them rain and lots of sunshine
So they’ll grow up and tall

Bubble Time
Goodbye song-  We Wave Goodbye Like This
We wave goodbye like this,
We wave goodbye like this,
to all our friends.
We clap our hands like this,
We clap our hands like this,
with all our friends.
Story time has ended.

So much fun to be back doing Story time!