Thursday, April 23, 2015

Baby Bloomers- Colors

For our Baby Bloomers I wanted to incorporate colors in a way that could be fun and engaging and not to scary.  These group of babies are very alert and ready to jump in and grab books, scarves, toys...and each other. They are the best group ever.  I decided to read these books




13159164690337113531030 

Hey Little Baby by Heather Leigh- beatiful illustrations
Wow! Said the Owl by Tim Hopgood- love to say "Wow!"
One Spotted Giraffe by Pert Horacek- pop ups!


Opening Song-The More We Get Together
Wiggles

We listened to
Baby Hokey Pokey frpm Baby Face
It's a Small World- Bouncing- from Baby Face
Baby Grows from Toddlers on Parade 

Nursery Rhyme: Mistress Mary

Movement Rhyme: Up & Down Rhyme
Up, up in the sky like this, (gently lift baby in the air)
Down, down for a great big kiss( slowly bring baby down and kiss)
Up like this (lift up)
Down for a kiss (lower down)
You’re my special baby! (hug and cuddle baby)

I Like
I like to go fast (bounce baby quickly)
I like to go slow (bouncy baby slowly)
I like to go up in the air just so! (lift baby into the air)
I like to go fast
I like to go slow
I like to go back and forth just so! (rock baby from side to side)
I like to go fast
I like to go slow
I like to snuggle up just so! (cuddle baby close)
Credit: Baby Storytime Magic

Two Little Eyes to Look Around
Two little eyes to look around
Two little ears to hear a sound
One little nose to smell what’s sweet
One little mouth that likes to eat!

Musical Instruments

Bubble Time- even babies are fascinated by bubbles

Goodbye song-  We Wave Goodbye Like This