Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Story Time is almost back!

Wow it has been almost a month since our last story time.  The downtime has been a great opportunity to catch up and plan.  I was looking back at my new year's resolution and the goals I set for myself, and think I have done pretty well.  I have kept up with my weekly themes and story time posting, I have been reading but not actively reviewing and posting, and I have kept up my professional development~ reading blogs, actively engaged with SU, and our local Youth Librarians group.

The next two months are all about Summer Reading, school visits, finalizing programs, setting up our online system, etc. Plus, six weeks of Story Time, one Bedtime Stories, another Bilingual Los Cuentos Story Time, and a cool Dia ~Diversity in Action~ celebration to end the month of April.

When not preparing for Story Time or actually engaged in Story Time we are transitioning to a new catalog system, which means learning new terms and functionality.  Collection development has also been on mind lately, making sure our collection reflects the diversity of our patrons, while at the same time providing opportunities to look into others' cultures. 

I'm looking forward to a fun round of Spring Story Times, to adding a few new things, and to our 2nd Dia Celebration. 

Happy Spring Break!