Monday, May 11, 2015

Crawlers & Totally Tots- Mother's Day

Last week was our last session of Spring Story Time. I am always surprised how fast our Spring Story Time sessions go by, between story time, summer reading, special programs, upgrades, and what not the last story time arrives and it is kind of a surprise.  This week I had chosen to do Mother's Day for the theme.  My Tuesday groups were into the stories and the rhymes,however, Thursday's group was ready to run outside. I can't blame them it was almost 85 degrees that afternoon. 

We read

Dinosaur vs. Mommy by Bob Shea
What Not to Give Your Mom on Mother's Day by Martha Simpson
On Mother's Lap by Ann Herbert Scott

226759251629004185685 


Here is the rest of the program




Opening Song- Everybody say…
Wiggles
Nursery Rhyme: Rub-a-Dub Dub

We listened to
Shake Your Sillies from More Singable Songs
Skinnamarink from Stinky Cake
Bubbles from Feel the Music
 

Rhyme
I have made you a flower
With my fingers and my thumb
So you will have these memories
For all the years to come!
Happy Mother’s Day!

Mother’s Day
My mum, she’s the best
From her head to her toes
She’s warm & she’s soft
Smelling sweet like a rose

Mom
I love you more than squishy bugs
And ladybugs
Butterflies & ice cream pies
I love you more than cupcakes, snakes,
And fishy lakes
And dare I say it? Birthday Cake!

Give Mom a Hug
Roar like a lion, growl like a bear
Give Mom a hug, show her you care
Hop like a bunny, flap like a bird
Quiet as a mouse now, don’t say a word

I Can Hug
I can hug, hug, hug
I can hop, hop, hop
I can kiss, kiss, kiss
I can stop, stop, stop
I can nod my head for yes,
And I can shake my head no,
And I can sit down very slow.

Bubble Time
Goodbye song-  We Wave Goodbye Like This