Thursday, September 24, 2015

Crawlers & Totally Tots- Fish

This week our theme was Fish, all sorts of fish, little, big, colorful, and silly. Our Crawlers were very active this week and not really interested on little fish or on counting fish eyes.  For the Toddlers I changed it up and used Blackout from our Bedtime Stories since it engaged kids and the illustrations alone can tell the story.  Both Totally Tots groups were small this week so we got to use some of our musical instruments~ sticks & maracas~ we were quite loud, enough to scare the fish away!

Crawlers

80364268461322040584 

Hooray For Fish! by Lucy Cousins
Fish Eyes by Lois Ehlert
Big Fish, Little Fish by Ed Heck

Toddlers


8036426101689248117053
Hooray For Fish! by Lucy Cousins
Blackout by John Rocco
Little White Fish by Guido Van Genechten


Here is the rest of the plan



Opening Song- Everybody say…
Wiggles
Nursery Rhyme: Patty Cake

Rhyme: My Kite
My  kite is up so high,
My kite is up so high,
Oh my, just watch it fly,
My kite is falling down,
My kite is falling down,
Oh no, it’s down so low,
My kite is falling down.
The wind has caught my kite,
The wind has caught my kite,
What fun, I’m on the run,
The wind has caught my kite
Repeat first verse.

Teddy Bear
Give teddy a hug (hug baby)
Give teddy a squeeze (squeeze baby gently)
Give teddy a tickle on his knees! (tickle baby’s knees)
Give teddy a kiss (kiss baby)
Give teddy a drum (drum fingers on baby’s tummy)
Give teddy a tickle on his tum (tickle baby’s tummy)
Credit: Baby Storytime Magic

 
Flannel: Four Little Fishes
Four little fishes swimming out to sea,
One met a shark!....
And then there were three.
Three little fishes wondering what to do,
One hid in a great big shell…
And then there were two.
Two little fishes looking for some fun,
One chased after a wave…
And that left one.
One little fish with all his friends gone,
Went back home to find his mum…
And that left none!
Credit: Perry Public Library Storytime

Bubble Time
Goodbye song-  We Wave Goodbye Like This