Thursday, September 24, 2015

Bedtime Stories- Families

We had a very rambunctious group Tuesday night. They liked No Go Sleep and where interested on Blackout, by Peekaboo time they were ready for some music and stretching.  We read

28298161173496310168924 

Peekaboo Time by Rachel Isadora
No Go Sleep! by kate Feiffer
Blackout by John Rocco

From our Tumblebooks subscription we watched



965107  
Bebe Goes Shopping by Susan Middlenton Elya

I use my regular opening song and Wiggles to get some of the "wiggles", and my regular closing song.  We tried a couple of new rhymes:


Hands Go Up



Hands go up and hands go down






I can turn myself around






I can stand up on one shoe






I can listen so can you






I can sit, I’ll show you how






Storytime is starting now



 What the Animals Do


We’ll hop, hop, hop like a bunny
And run, run, run like a dog.
We’ll walk, walk, walk like an elephant,
And jump, jump like a frog.
We’ll swim, swim, swim like a goldfish,
And fly, fly, fly like a bird.
We’ll sit right down and fold our hands
And not say a single word.