Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Totally Tots- Bath & Bed Time

Today's Totally Tots time was about getting ready for a good night sleep with a nice bath and PJ time stories.  We had lots of fun with our five silly monkeys jumping on the bed and elephants in a tub! We ended with dimmed lights and a soft version of "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star". 
I was so impressed by all the little ones willingness to jump in and sing with me and their readiness to listen to our stories. They are an amazing bunch.

We started with our usual story time song and a quick let's get moving rhyme.  Our first book was

Bubbles, Bubbles
Bubbles, Bubbles by Kathi Appelt.The kids really like this book with its nice rhyming and tongue twisters.  The illustrations are the perfect size for this group bright, bold, and large. 

I did a few more songs and rhymes today in between books. We started with "This Is The Way We Wash Our Hands" "After a Bath" and a round of "Open, Shut Them".  Instead of reading "Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" I used our finger puppets to tell the story. It was a lot of fun and something I will repeat with other stories.  Meet our monkeys:




We had another rhyme "Before I Jump Into My Bed" and our trusty "Shake Your Sillies Out". I followed with another flannel "Elephants in the Bathtub".  The kids thought it was really funny to have all these elephants in one tiny bathtub.





Our next book wasn't on my list but I had just read it to my son and we both loved the rhyming and silliness of it.

Scrubba Dub











Scrubba Dub by Nancy Van Laan.  Some of the kids were getting a little restless at this point and ready for one last song.  We went with "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" and our closing song "We Wave Goodbye Like This".