Thursday, February 21, 2013

Baby Bloomers- Bath & Bed Time

Today we had a full house for Baby Bloomers! And like yesterday the babies were really getting into our routine of singing, playing, and listening to stories.  The concensus in the room was that we don't want story time to end next week, who knows I might be able to add some extra sessions and eventually have the program year-round!

We started with our regular opening song and our "Wiggle, Wiggle".  Our first book was one I read yesterday during Totally Tots

Bubbles, Bubbles
 Bubbles, Bubbles by Kathi Appelt. The babies really liked this book and some of the older ones were really good at pointing out the duck and the froggy.   We followed with "This Is the Way We Wash Our Hands" and like yesterday we ended switching to "early in the morning" versus "in the evening" and the fingerplay "Baby's Bath" which didn't really worked out as well as I had hopped.  I used our little monkeys to tell "Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" and the babies were really interested on grabbing them.
Our next book was


The Big Sleep Book 











The Big Sleep Book by Guido Van Genechten. I was very excited about this book and I think overall the babies enjoyed the book but we just had a bit of commotion going on while I was reading. I liked the book size and the large outlined pictures.  I will for sure explore some of his other books for future story times.

We used our "Elephants in the Bathtub" flannel but by that point the commotion level had increased so we switched to some songs "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" and "Skinnamarink". I used our last book a bit differently and instead of reading it told the story as we looked at the pictures.
Bathing
Bathing by Liesbet Slegers.  The size was less than ideal but we still made the most of it by looking and talking about how the little boy gets ready for his bath, plays with his rubber ducky, and gets ready for bed. 
We finished with our usual closing song.