Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Last Baby Bloomers & Crawlers for this Winter



This is my last week of Winter Story time and once again I find myself with mixed feelings about ending a session and having a few weeks with no active programs.  I know I will miss spending time with the kids and their families, while at the same time I realize that I need the break to plan and re-energize because dancing and singing with 1, 2 & 3 year olds can be exhausting.  

Yesterday was my Baby Bloomers class and we had three new kids, I felt sad that they just made our last class but hopeful that they will be back in April when we start the Spring session.  I have been using a small Curious George monkey to demonstrate some of the rhymes or action songs and one of the babies loves to hold George, so this week I brought in a big Curious George, our theme was Monkeys, and they all love it.  George was almost as big or bigger than they were and we had a blast when we played Peek-a-Boo! 

Our Crawlers is such a different group, they are rambunctious and eager to participate, so instead of big George I gave each a laminate picture of a monkey to place on the felt board.  My mistake was given to give them to the kids to soon so we had a bunch of little monkeys all over the room.  This group has evolved over the last eight weeks and now feels very comfortable with each other and with our routines.  One of our favorite things to do is the Wiggle Wiggle dance.  We get to move our arms, shoulders, hips, and lips. I love than now all I have to do is start the rhyme and they all have their arms up in the air- parents included :)

Here is the handout for today’s group, Baby Bloomers was the same.  I will resume posting reviews and  thoughts as I reflect on this round of story time and plan for future programs.