Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Totally Tots- Apples

Today our theme was apples and like Monday we focused on the yummy things you can make with apples.  I use a combination of handouts with the books we read, our songs, and rhymes along with a PowerPoint presentation during each story time.  Originally, I used to show the handout on our large screen TV but I found that even though the screen is large reading each rhyme or fingerplay is very difficult. The PowerPoint allows us to focus on one song/rhyme at a time.  I have a clicker to move between slides without having to go back and forth to the computer and let me tell you every kid wants to play with the clicker at some point during story time. 

I am going to try a different approach here and post my handouts. If you are ever interested on a copy email me at inmal@homewoodlibrary.net


Here is my handout for today