Thursday, January 15, 2015

Bedtime Stories- January

Last fall I started a new program Bedtime Stories aka Pajama Time.  The kids loved it. I loved it! Where else would I get the chance to wear my pajamas and lay around listening to lullabies.  I invite the kids to come wearing their PJ's and to bring their favorite stuff animal/buddy. I have blankets and some large bean bags that are great for laying around.  We do a couple of rhymes, two-three books, and watch a book on our Tumble books subscription. We end with soft lullabies and a little start machine that reflects stars on our ceiling. 

Here was the plan for January



Opening Song
Everybody say one, story time has just began
Everybody say two, shake your shoulders show your shoes
Everybody say three, listen very carefully
Everybody say four, and put your bottoms on the floor

Wiggles
A wiggle, wiggle here
A wiggle, wiggle there.
Wiggle your hands up in the air
Wiggle our shoulders and wiggle your hips,
Wiggle your knees and move your lips,
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle
And wiggle and bend
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle,
And this is the end!

Our first book was Baby Bear’s Big Dreams by Jane Yolen
362428


This was a successful rhyme last month and one that allowed the kids to shake off some of their energy.
Twinkle Here and There
Twinkle standing up (wiggle fingers)
Twinkle sitting down (sit while wiggling fingers
Twinkle while you’re hoping
Around and around and around
Twinkle at the ceiling (wiggle fingers high)
Twinkle at the door (wiggle fingers towards door)
Twinkle at each other (wiggle fingers at each other)
And twinkle on the floor (sit and wiggle fingers)

Our next book was Back to Bed, Ed! By Sebastien Braun
7675456

Our last book was Moon Glowing by Elizabeth Partridge
1852519
I have also been using our Tumble books subscription, this month we watched Ish by Peter Reynolds765654

We end the night with soft lullabies and starts on our ceiling . 

Goodbye song 
Goodnight to you. Goodnight to me.
Now close your eyes and go to sleep.
Goodnight.
Sleep tight.
Sweet dreams tonight.
Goodnight.

How did it go?  Again, it is  our first week of story times and our kids have been all stuck inside due to the cold weather.  We had lots of running around, silly giggling, and dancing.  I abandoned the last book and decided to move on with our Tumble book and songs.  I have to confess that I love this energy~ it helps me make it through long days~. I believe that serving these children and their families is an honor and a privilege. I am fortunate to have the most amazing job in the world.