Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Totally Tots- Valentine's Day

We had a lovely time at story time today sharing stories and songs.  I had created a Valentine Day flannel with 5 hearts that quickly turned into 20 hearts as we had to rotate around the room for everyone to have a chance at putting the hearts up. I originally had intended to use the rhyme I found with the pieces but after two verses gave up and just created my own story with the kids taking turns putting up our pieces.  The kids didn't seem to enjoy the stories today and wanted rather to jump around, so we switched it up a bit and danced to some of our favorite songs.  I was given a lovely Valentine with a bubble bottle that we put to use right away. It was so much fun. I was brave and decided to use our noodle bucket and for the most part it went really well. The group was smaller at that point after a few kids left but overall they liked playing with it and were very imaginative- bow pasta looks like a small butterfly.  Here is today's handout