Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Totally Tots- Firetrucks

Today was one of those days when I wasn't sure if anyone was going to come out and join me for storytime, I myself had a hard time getting out of the house with all the new snow; however, my brave tots surprised me and battled the elements to be here.  They are so awesome- and so are their parents.  Originally I wanted to just do firetrucks but I wasn't falling in love with the books I was finding- remember they have to be bright, and have animated illustrations, and short text, and lots of action for this age group to be engaged. I did find Fire Fighter Piggy Wiggy to be one of those- the kids love it and kept telling me that it reminded them of Peppa Pig.  We did play with our 5 Little Trucks and did a round of Fireman, Fireman, Turn Around but we had the most fun with our new bubble machine and the pasta bucket. All in all it was a lovely storytime.  Here is our handout