Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Baby Bloomers- Mother's Day

Last Thursday was our last Spring story time for Baby Bloomers. We had a great group of enthusiastic crawlers, walkers, and climbers.  As with my Tots I do hope to see them during the summer and next fall when some of them would move to Totally Tots.  We started with our regular opening song "The More We Get Together" and wiggled our way to "Wiggle, Wiggle".  Our first book was
I Love My Mommy 
I Love My Mommy by Giles Andreae & Emma Dodd. The group liked the oversized pictures.  We followed the book with a few rhymes "My Mommy" and "Love Grows". Our next book was
With All My Heart
With All My Heart by Brian Rock. This is a brand new book at our library and it is just beautiful. The illustrations are bright and full of details. I used the different sections of the book to help the kids point to their mom's hands and arms ending with a hug.  Our group was getting a bit restless so I decided to do a few songs starting with one of my favorites "Skinnamarink"and "Head, Shoulders, Knees, Toes".  I used one of the finger plays from our Totally Tots "My Family"and the kids loved using their fingers to count their families.   Our last book was
I Love You As Much...
I Love You As Much by Laura K. Melmed.  I think the parents enjoyed this book more than the kids.  We finished with another finger play "Round and Round"and our closing song"We Wave Goodbye Like This"