Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Totally Tots Story Time- All About Me!

Today was my fist Tot story time, I called them “Totally Tots”.  I must confess that I was very excited and a bit nervous, and of course today of all days I woke up with a horrible “frog” voice but it all worked out nicely and the kids had a great time. 
My theme today was All About Me.  I am using “The More We Get Together”  as my opening song  followed by a short “Let’s start story time” rhyme.  Wiggle rhyme.  
We read
Incredible Me by Kathi Appelt






Fingerplay:  Ten Fingers
Song: Shake My Sillies Out

Here Are My Hands by Bill Martin Jr.





Fingerplay: I Have a Nose
Song: Head& Shoulders, Knees & Toes
From Head to Toe by Eric Carle






Rhyme: Me, Complete
Our Closing song is “We Wave Goodbye Like This”.
 Kids loved to dance around with Shake My Sillies Out, the fingerplays were also popular and they adored the big picture book illustrations.