Thursday, January 24, 2013

Baby Bloomers- All About Babies

Today I had my first Babies programs, at our library we call this program  "Baby Bloomers". It is casual with no registration required since we know that getting ready and out the door on time with a baby is not an easy task.  I recognized some of the parents and babies from other programs or just from visiting the library as they are regular patrons.  I started with a quick introduction about myself and about how the program in general.  I decided to use a little "Curious George" to be my baby helper since he is easy to move around and the babies like him.  The program went like this:

Opening Song- "The More We Get Together"
rhyme: Wiggle, Wiggle, Wiggle
We started with

Itsy-Bitsy Babies by Margaret Wild
Fingerplay: Ten Fingers
Flannel- Babies Can Do. I used pictures from "I Can Do" to show babies clapping, dancing, stomping, bending, etc.








Then we read Here Are My Hands by Bill Martin Jr.
Rhyme: Me, /Complete
Song: Head & Shoulders, Knees & Toes









Our last book was Ten Tiny Babies by Karen Katz
Fingerplay/song: Where Is Big Toe? This one got a little confusing but we all had fun.
Our Closing song is "We Wave Goodbye Like This"