Thursday, July 9, 2015

Pop-Up Storytime- Zoo

This week I hosted another Pop-Up Storytime for our Crawlers & Totally Tots groups.  During the summer our department does Storytime on the Road and we visit different parks. When I visit the parks I have a chance to see the families, however, I only do two-three parks in the entire summer so my chances are limited. I heard about "Pop-Up Storytimes" at Reaching Forward and thought it was an great idea to keep the groups going and the kids engaged with our routines. This week I went with my Zoo Theme and we read


12766643 2301393420518989
3392354

Farm Animals by Simms Taback's
Little White Fish Has a Party by Guido Van Genechten
Little Elliot Big City by Mike Curato
1,2,3 to the Zoo by Eric Carle

Here is the rest of the plan



Opening song: Let’s start story time!

Everybody say 1, story time has began,

Everybody say 2, shake your shoulders, show your shoes,

Everybody say 3, and listen carefully

Everybody say 4, and put your bottoms on the floor




Wiggle, Wiggle

A wiggle, wiggle here

A wiggle, wiggle there.

Wiggle your hands up in the air

Wiggle our shoulders and wiggle your hips,

Wiggle your knees and move your lips,

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle

And wiggle and bend

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle,

And this is the end!



I Clap My Hands* This one is a new rhyme with lots of potential.

I clap my hands,

I touch my feet,

I jump up from the ground,

I clap my hands,

I touch my feet,

And turn myself around



Shake Your Pudding * This is a new rhyme for us, so it will take a little bit of practice to get it going. 

Shake, shake, shake your pudding

Shake it here, shake it there,

Shake it everywhere

Shake it twice to the right

Shake it twice to the left

Shake it nice

Shake it slow

Shake it low

Shake it here, shake it there,

Shake it everywhere 



Five Little Monkeys * We used our monkey puppets to act out the rhyme.

Five Little monkeys

Jumping on the bed

One fell off and bumped his head

Mama called the doctor

And the doctor said:

No more monkeys jumping on the bed

Repeat with remaining monkeys.



Bubbles/Goodbye Song