Monday, July 6, 2015

Baby Bloomers- Tigers


Today it finally feels like summer, it is probably to hot to actually plan a trip to the zoo with the little ones, so instead we brought the zoo to them.  I wanted a Zoo Theme and ended with books with tigers or about tigers finding their way.  The illustrations and colors are ideal for this group, the text a bit on the long side but not horrible long.  They loved Nose to Toes You Are Yummy! the end page has a nice soft fur kids loved to touch. 


We read

22554223131097Cover image for Ten playful tigers : a back-and-forth counting book

Leo the Late Bloomer by Robert Krauss
Nose to Toes You Are Yummy! by Tim Harrington
Ten Playful Tigers by Betty Schwartz

We ended with

1984775

1,2,3 To The Zoo by Eric Carle

Here is the rest of the program



Opening Song-The More We Get Together
Wiggles

Nursery Rhyme****lately we have been skipping our nursery rhyme.

Giddy-up, Giddy-up
Giddy-up, giddy-up ride to town (bounce babies on knees)
Giddy-up, giddy-up up and down (lift baby up and down)
Giddy-up fast (bounce quickly)
Giddy up slow (bounce slowly)
Giddy-up, giddy-up, giddy-up, whoa! (dip baby backwards gently)
Credit:
Reading With Red

Icka Bicka Soda Cracker * I am in love with this rhyme.
Icka bicka soda cracker, icka bicka boo
Icka bicka soda cracker, up goes you! (lift baby)
Icka bicka soda cracker, icka bicka boo
Icka bicka soda cracker, I love you! (hugs and kisses)
Credit: StoryTime Katie

I Bounce You Here
I bounce you here, I bounce you there
I bounce you, bounce you everywhere
I tickle you here, I tickle you there
I tickle you, tickle you everywhere
I hug you here, I hug you there
I hug you, hug you everywhere
Credit:
Read Sing Play

Bubbles

Goodbye Song