Thursday, July 23, 2015

Pop-Up Storytime~ Dance, Dance, Dance

So this summer I have been doing "Pop-Up Storytime" a fun, impromptu (almost) storytime for my Crawlers & Toddlers. I found that parents love to get together and the little ones are so excited to see their friends plus we have new families joining our group and siblings that normally don't get a chance to come to storytime.  I say almost impromptu because I tell the families a few days before, maybe a week before , so if they are around and want to do it great if not is not a big deal. Of course, there is planning on my part, but is a great way to find new rhymes and songs.  Today I felt like dancing, and oh my did we dance, and shake, and wiggle.

We read

20708818 49452581082086


Frances Dean Who Loved to Dance and Dance by Birgitta Sif
Dance With Me by Charles R. Smith

Wiggle by Doreen Cronin


Here is the plan

 Opening song: Let’s start story time!

Everybody say 1, story time has began,

Everybody say 2, shake your shoulders, show your shoes,

Everybody say 3, and listen carefully

Everybody say 4, and put your bottoms on the floor



Wiggle, Wiggle



I Clap My Hands

I clap my hands,

I touch my feet,

I jump up from the ground,

I clap my hands,

I touch my feet,

And turn myself around



Shake Your Pudding

Shake, shake, shake your pudding

Shake it here, shake it there,

Shake it everywhere

Shake it twice to the right

Shake it twice to the left

Shake it nice

Shake it slow

Shake it low

Shake it here, shake it there,

Shake it everywhere 



Touch Your Nose

Touch your nose

Touch your chin,

That’s the way this game begins.

Touch your thighs,

Touch your knees,

Now pretend you’re going to sneeze.

Touch your hair,

Touch your ears,

Now touch your two lips right here.

Touch your elbows,

Where they bend,

That’s the way this touch game ends.

Credit: Little Hands Fingerplays & Action Songs

We also used our parachute for the first time in a long time....




 Bubbles/Goodbye Song