Thursday, July 10, 2014

Summer Reading Updates

It has been a long, long time since my last post but it just seems it was yesterday that I was doing my last storytime before jumping into summer reading and school visits.  I visited all the schools in our district and talked up our awesome "Paws to Read" summer programs. 

During the summer we put our regular storytime schedules on hiatus and move outdoors with Story Hour on the Road. Each week we visit a different park and do stories, sing songs, do fingerplays & rhymes, and a small craft.  The kids love it and it is a great way to get the entire family involved.  We also host special programs at the library ~Nature Creatures, Magicians, Lego Club, Racing Car show, etc. 

With only three weeks to go I am already in full planning mode for Fall storytimes.  This Fall I will adding two additional programs to the ones I already do~ Baby Bloomers, Crawlers, Totally Tots & Bagels with Buddies.  I will host a PJ storytime "Bedtime Stories" and a bilingual storytime "Los Cuentos".  They will be both on Tuesday evenings once a month. 

I will keep updating the blog with new books and some of our Award Nominated books~ lots to read this summer.