Thursday, November 6, 2014

Hats for Crawlers



I'm  trying to simplify my posts but still get my entire story time books, rhymes, songs, etc. included.  Earlier this season I decided to modify my Baby Bloomers materials to my Crawlers class after realizing the Totally Tots books and rhymes were to much for this younger group.  So far, it is working as I expected and the classes have been really smooth.  This week I had a kind of mistmatch theme with Hats, in part because I had two books I had been wanting to read for a while.  This is what we did:


Opening Song
Everybody say one, story time has just began
Everybody say two, shake your shoulders show your shoes
Everybody say three, listen very carefully
Everybody say four, and put your bottoms on the floor

Wiggles
A wiggle, wiggle here
A wiggle, wiggle there.
Wiggle your hands up in the air
Wiggle our shoulders and wiggle your hips,
Wiggle your knees and move your lips,
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle
And wiggle and bend
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle,
And this is the end!


Book  Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What Do You See? By Bill Martin Jr.
598159

Nursery rhyme/ Action Rhyme
Five Little Monkeys/ Patty Cake
I used our little monkeys and puppet glove and each kid got to hold one of the monkeys as they were falling off bed.

Song If You Are Happy and You Know It from The Complete Book of Songs, Poems, Fingerplays & Chants

Book A Hat for Minerva Louise by Janet M. Stoeke
A Hat for Minerva Louise


Rhyme/Fingerplay
Here We Go!/ This is Big

Song Walking, Walking from Songs for Wiggleworms
Book Under My Hood I Have a Hat by Karla Kuskin
1924846


Bubbles

Closing Song We Wave Goodbye Like This
We wave goodbye like this,
We wave goodbye like this,
to all our friends.
We clap our hands like this,
We clap our hands like this,
with all our friends.
Story time has ended.